20th International Lab Meeting - Summer Session 2012
18th International Summer School on Social Representations and Communication
European Ph.D. on Social Representations and Communication
"Social Representations, Economics and Finance"
at the European PhD on Social Representations & Communication Research Center and Multimedia LAB
Piazza d'Ara Coeli 1, Rome - Italy
with worldwide multi-points connection via interactive web auditorium
8 - 19 July, 2012
The objective of this Erasmus Intensive Programme is to continue the annual 12-day long International Summer School of the European PhD on Social Representations and Communication which, since 1995, has been offering advanced training to young researchers in key areas of social psychology with wide applications in the public and private sectors on issues including the information society, science popularisation, new socialization and communication strategies, and applied research crucial to health, the environment, political life, social minorities, gender, etc. It has has helped to reinforce the intellectual leadership of European Social Psychology and is now well established as a permanent European forum for disseminating state of the art research in this area.
Systematic co-operation among European researchers remains one of the fundamental prerequisites for meeting the goals of the ERA and EHEA and the European PhD's International Summer School has played and will continue to play an active role in promoting "internationalization" of European Higher Education, taking it beyond the walls of academia, and contributing to the diversity of experience for the trainees involved. Target groups include research trainees enrolled in the European PhD on S.R. & C., postgraduates and research trainees in other national PhD programmes, as well as special target groups with access difficulties, such as women, the disabled and researchers from less favoured EU regions who can profit from the ODL training system and the network's long-term after-event dissemination of multimedia products. 40 applicants (20 who will physically attend the event funded by this IP contract and 20 who will attend on-line via the European PhD web-auditorium for a wider dissemination of the scientific event) will be selected respectively from: partner Universities of this EU IP consortium (according to the new IP series LLP eligibility criteria) and from the wider scenario of partner universities of the EU approved SoReCom Thematic Network who are not members of the European PhD on S.R. & C.
Summer school activities include face-to-face workshops, lectures, and presentations as well as mediated virtual events such as Internet forum discussions, web videoconferencing, and streaming videos. Important themes are discussed at individual, group and plenary levels on the same day, guaranteeing learning of unusual intensity and quality. Young researchers are assisted in making appointments to meet personally and discuss particular issues with guest speakers.
The 2012 Edition of the International Summer Schools will be held on the 08 - 19 of July at the European Ph.D on Social Representations and Communication Research Centre and Multimedia lab. It will be focussed on “Social Representations of Urban Places and Environment: Images, Memory and Identity”, a topic which is at the same time the genesis and the core of the theoretical and empirical research field launched in 1961 by Serge Moscovici.
We are glad to announce that, besides the European PhD scientific co-ordinator, Annamaria de Rosa (Sapienza University, Italy), among the invited professors who have already confirmed their participation are:
- from North America: Charles Smith (City University of New York, USA) and Lilian Negura (University of Ottawa, Canada);
- from Europe: Erich Kirchler (University of Vienna, Austria), Nikos Kalampalikis (Université de Lyon 2, France);
- from Asia: Guan Jian (University of Nankai, China).
As in the previous events, the 18th edition of the International Summer School will integrate face-to-face and on-line communication. Therefore, in addition to the restricted number of the participants who will attend the event at the European PhD. on S.R. & C. Research Centre and Multi-media Lab in Rome, the participation of other selected applicants will be possible from any worldwide location via an interactive web-conference system (a specific basic and advanced training will be offered at the beginning of the event).
The International Summer School will also include:
- INTENSIVE GROUP WORKING SESSIONS on participants’ research projects, with individual presentations, monitoring and feedback's given by professors and discussion;
- INTERVIEWS FOR SELECTING NEW CANDIDATES for the European Ph.D. on S.R. & C. reserved to the applicants for the a.y. 2012-2013 by the European PhD Recruitment Board.
- THESIS DEFENSE SESSION for the European Ph.D. candidates in front of the International Final Jury
APPLICATION FOR 2011-1-IT2-ERA10-27077 FUNDING
The eligible candidates may apply for 2011-1-IT2-ERA10-27077 funding (including scientific participation fees, travel expenses at the lowest fare, and a contribution of 288 € for accommodation and subsistence expenses in Rome). To be eligible, participants:
a) must be registered in one of the following participating institutions:
- Universität Wien (Austria)
- Masarykova Univerzita (Czech Republic)
- University Lumière Lyon 2 (France)
- Université de Provence - Aix-Marseille I (France)
- Université Paul Valéry Montpellier III (France)
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (France)
- Université Paris Descartes (France)
- Sapienza Università di Roma (Italy)
- Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)
- Universidad del Pais Vasco (Spain)
- Universidad de Valencia (Spain)
- London School of Economics and Political Sciences (U.K.)
b) shall be a national of a participating country in LLP or nationals of other countries, provided that they are either permanent residents according to national legislation, or registered as stateless persons or hold refugee status in a country participating in the programme. The 31 countries participating in LLP are:
- the 27 EU Member States (which also include applicants from the following regions: Canary Islands, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Réunion, Azores, Madeira)
- Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway (the "EFTA-EEA" countries)
- Overseas countries and territories defined by Council Decision 2001/822/EC:
— New Caledonia and Dependencies
— French Polynesia
— French Southern and Antarctic Territories
— Wallis and Futuna Islands
— St Pierre and Miquelon
— Netherlands Antilles
Those who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria – if admitted – are requested to pay the amount of 1000 Euro for the scientific participation fee (which includes the online participation through the Web-Auditorium, but does not include travel, accommodation, and living expenses) as soon they receive the letter of acceptance. The deadline and method of payment will be communicated with the letter of acceptance