14th International Lab Meeting Summer Session 2009
15thInternational Summer School on Social Representations and Communication
European Ph.D. on Social Representations and Communication
in action and construction in Media and Society
"Cultural and cross-cultural approaches to social representations:
The implications of the globalised/localised cultural scenarios"
at the European PhD on Social Representations & Communication Research Center and
Multimedia LAB, P.za d’Ara Coeli 1, Rome-Italy
in combination with worldwide on-line connection points
23rd - 30th August, 2009
Marratech will run on any PC or Mac with the
following system specifications:
- PC Windows Pentium III or Mac OS X G4 or Linux Pentium
- RAM 512 MB recommended (For Vista users at least 1000
- Display Min 1024x768, 16 bit color depth
- Windows 2000, XP or Vista
- Mac OS 10.3, Java 1.4.2 Update 1 or better
- Red Hat 9.0 and SuSE 9.0 and up
- Plantronics Audio 330, Sennheiser PC-131 or similar
- USB also works but are normally more expensive
- For conference rooms, echo cancelling microphones
are need to be used
- Not using a headset or headphones will cause echo
(audio feedback), which is disturbing to the other participants
Logitech QuickCam Pro USB or Creative Live! Optia or Philips SPC
You also need a broadband connection with at least 300 - 500 kbps
of free capacity down and 128 kbps up
How to Install and Start
Step 1: Install your Web cam and your USB headset or headphones
Step 2: Install Marratech from www.marratech.com/download
Step 3: Start Marratech and control your equipment.
Before starting Marratech, be sure that your Web camera is connected.
Step 4: Type the address to your e-meeting room
in Marratech's web
browser to the left.
Documents useful for Basic and Advanced Training
in European Ph.D. Marratech Web Auditorium:
for the use of the European Ph.D. Marratech 6.1. Web auditorium.
The guide of conduct designed to participate
in the on-line events:
B. (2005). How students can make conferring work. Open University.
Web-auditorium code of conduct